The guy I bought it from had been keeping it in a dusty old garage so it was very dirty. I cleaned it with just some soap and water and removed all the hardware. Then I gave a few spots some gorilla glue and started priming. I could tell that someone had previously painted and then stripped it so I didn't need to sand it which is bonus right now because here in Western NY we still have snow on the ground. So after 1 coat of primer, 3 coats of paint and some polycrylic here's what you get...
Here is a closeup of the hardware. I was very lucky that these had not been painted. All I did was clean and polish. Although I have to say that was the worst part - there were a lot of nooks and crannies to get clean.
Now after Christmas my husband decided to put a new TV in this corner of the living room. He need a table for it so he "borrowed" my console that used to be on the opposite side of the room under the windows. I never liked the TV on this table so I decided to switch it out today with the new low dresser. Thankfully you cannot see the dust in this picture.
This is the TV on the new dresser. I think it is a million times better. I like the white against the yellow wall a lot more.
Now I want to move those tin tiles (from Pottery Barn in case you were wondering) but my husband is going to freak out. They were not easy to hang up and required making semi-large holes in the wall. My husband is one of those people that hate holes in the wall. Once something is hung up around here it doesn't ever move again ever. I may have to do some bribing to get them moved - wish me luck.
~ Gold Shoe Girl ~